Thursday, February 14, 2008

Speaking to The Knot

I am back from a crazy and intense 2+ weeks out of the office traveling on client business. I have SO much to blog about - and so little time to do it! So, in totally random order, I will just begin!!

I was completely honored to be asked to be the keynote speaker for this year's National Sales Meeting for The Knot + WeddingChannel. Wow. This past Monday I addressed over 140 members of their executive team at Disney's BoardWalk Resort. The topic was "Creating a Consultative Selling Approach" and was based on my experiences as a wedding industry consultant for the past 6 1/2 years in addition to my view from the client-side of the business for the past 17 years! It was an amazing morning and I was totally energized by the entire group.

It was wonderful to get an email later that afternoon from the incredible Carley Roney [who surprised me by giving my introduction to the team] :

"Can I tell you again what a rock star you are? David was really floored and he is not an easy one to impress and all of our people say you are the best speaker we've ever had. I can't thank you enough. So inspiring!"

I just love the energy in a room of wedding-industry professionals - it is unlike any other audience. Wedding industry speaking engagements are becoming an increasingly bigger part of the Engaging Concepts 'mix' and that is thrilling. To be able to share my unique experiences and point-of-view gained by working in so many facets of this special 'wedding world' with so many of the best and brightest minds in the industry is truly the perfect intersection of my passions. I am looking forward to exploring opportunities to further this aspect of the business in the coming year - so stay tuned!

Thanks again to Carley Roney, David Liu and the wonderful Lisa Aballo for pulling it all together - it was such an honor and pleasure to address their dedicated team of professionals - cannot wait to see what 2008 will bring for The Knot - these wedding brand innovators and undisputed market leaders!!

No comments: