Monday, January 7, 2008

Speaking Engagements

Right before the holidays, I had the pleasure of being asked to speak to the entire sales and editorial team for "Destination Weddings & Honeymoons" Magazine. This is not the first time I have presented to this group and I always come away excited and enthusiastic about what they have planned to continue to grow their brand. They are doing great things at DWH and are so committed to this exploding market! We talked a bit about the power of blogging and I was pleased that they too have jumped on the 'blog bandwagon' with a new 'editors blog' that I know will continue to grow in the future and one that I will be sure to follow.

This was an excerpt from a nice note from Publisher Sue Gilman following the session:

Rebecca,

Our sales meeting was two information and learning packed days! The sales team left feeling energized and revved up, and your presentation was a huge part of that excitement. Thank you for a great show! Honestly I wish I could bottle your energy!

Thanks again and I’m looking forward to a great year, and to seeing you out there!

All the best,
Sue

Sue Gilman
Publisher
Caribbean Travel & Life
Destination Weddings & Honeymoons

I have a number of speaking engagements coming up in the next few months - to a variety of audiences. I am looking forward to each one for different reasons and also to growing this side of the business as it is a particular passion of mine. More on this in the near future!!

No comments: