Monday, July 28, 2008

Twitter me This...


For the past few months I have been totally into Twittering.  

I have a bunch of new friends on there - not really many old friends or really many that I know in person {in fact, I think I can count on ONE hand how many people I am following or are following me I have ever met in person!!}.  But it has been fascinating and I admit it - totally addicting! 

Twitter has received lots of press lately - including a feature article in the business section of USA Today last week.  At first I thought it completely ridiculous and not something 'for me' -- but then again - I thought the same thing about blogging, IM'ing, texting, MySpace, Facebook, LinkedIn and the list goes on and on.

I have expanded my wedding industry network exponentially in the past few weeks alone - it is amazing. The best way to understand it is to just DO it - just jump on in and start. You will find your 'voice' over time and trust me, you will soon 'get it' just like the millions of others who are 'tweeting' away to their own special and unique worldwide audience of new 'friends.' It is a form of super-networking - and it really works.

For my fellow wedding bloggers - there is a great article over on ProBlogger called "The Benefits of Twitter for Bloggers" that is super helpful - be sure to check it out.

Oh - and be sure to come along and "follow me" on my life's adventures and I promise to add to you my growing list of people I am following!!

Happy Tweeting!

2 comments:

Lara said...

Great post! I completely agree- I thought Twitter was crazy at first, but now I'm officially addicted.

saundra, event engineer said...

Rebecca... Twitter is very addicting and I have made personal contacts in the business like you would not believe! I think, I'm following you as well! :-)