Friday, March 7, 2008

Making the [HUGE!] switch!!!


Sorry that it has been extra-quiet on the blog this past week.  I have been in computer limbo since last Friday [!!!] as I have been making the big switch over from 20+ years as a PC user to brand, spanking new MacBook Pro! Getting all of my files over has not been an easy task and even managed to confound the Mac "geniuses" but it appears that it is now official [not sure they had ever seen over 13,000 emails in an Inbox before...].  I feel a little like I have been dropped onto another [albeit much 'hipper'] planet but will trust everyone that RAVES about Apple that this too shall pass and I will soon be totally cool and up to speed and back to blogging more regularly! 
Now back to this whole new [bright, shiny]  world...!

4 comments:

Liene Stevens said...

congrats! switching to Apple from a PC was a one of the best business decisions I've ever made. seriously. :)

Polka Dot Bride said...

I did the same thing! Though admittedly Im still on the PC right now(weaning myself in gently!) Its kind of scary! lol

J said...

Welcome...now you just need to get an iPhone and you will really be blown away :)

WEDDEX said...

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your words of encouragement!! I have turned the corner already and am just loving it - the learning curve is amazingly short because of the intuitive nature of everything! Still lots to learn but am happy about the change ad excited to see what all I can do now!!

p.s. J - I got an iPhone for Christmas and adore it - - it was actually a big part of my decision to finally make the switch over - was a great way to 'dip my toe' in the water and feel confident enough to make the investment in terms of time and dollars.

Glad to be on 'this side' of things finally!