Thursday, September 20, 2007

Cool Day!




What a cool day I had today! I flew to NYC this morning for a round of meetings. They were all great but two highlights were visiting the AMAZING Kleinfeld to see my dear friend Randy Fenoli, their new Fashion Director in action! Wow - the new store is simply magnificent - a bridal dream come true!

Randy gave us the royal tour of every inch of the 35,000 square foot bridal dress heaven and then we were treated to a lovely and enlightening lunch with the gracious owner, Mara Urshel. There were gorgeous brides trying on magnificent gowns and experiencing that truly thrilling moment of finding "the one!" I could have stayed there all day (and night...) - sigh.

Then this evening, we joined one of my very favorite people in the entire bridal industry, Millie Bratten, Editor in Chief of BRIDE'S Magazine and her equally incredible husband John for dinner on the upper East side. We go waaaaaaaay back and it is wonderful to spend time catching up on all things. I especially loved hearing Millie's excitement over the upcoming Think Pink event October 4-6th in Manahattan. What a wonderful cause and innovative approach they are taking to support this program - more to come on that front!
I have the best job!!! Tomorrow brings breakfast with Sylvia and lunch with Preston at their studios...stay tuned!

No comments: